Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Bettyoctopus Studio Space



What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
Felt creations: artwork, brooches, bracelets, hair bands, cards, keyrings and very cute felt clocks.

Where do you do your art/crafts?
At home, my craft space is my daughter's playroom by day and my office at night.


How do you keep all your supplies organised?
I previously had a corner in the living room where all my supplies were piled up. When it became apparent that I needed more space (and a desk!) I thought carefully about how I worked and what I needed at
hand etc. I found some cute metal filing drawers in Ikea and each drawer houses something I use regularly.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
I find it really easy now that everything has it's own place. My husband works from home and can borrow my desk when I'm not there but he's under strict instructions to tidy up after himself!


Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
Have everything you need on a regular basis at hand - keep scissors/pens/pencils in pots on your desk. I have all my findings (brooch bars/keyrings/brads etc in an art organiser in a drawer so I always know where everything is. I keep my metal die cutters on a magnetic knife rack on top of my metal filing cabinet, so I can access
and store them away easily.

Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Yes! It's been great having my space in the playroom too because it's taught my daughter to tidy after herself too.


If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
I'm very lucky and have my dream space now, but I'd LOVE a cutting table and huge rolls of felt. And a better view.

Is there any craft you would love to do but cant due to limitations of your art space?
Not any more. I make felt clocks and desperately needed a desk to build them but I have that now, so I'm crafting much more than I could before
.

What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
I have a blank space at the moment so I want to decorate with more artwork and prints.


Is there a website for people to see or buy your art/crafts?
www.bettyoctopus.com


A BIG thank you to Jess, for answering my questions and sharing her fab studio photos with us! Thank You!  

2 comments:

  1. this is SUPERB! I have much the same furniture and am going to get stuck into my big room change this week. So excited to see this - seriously we have the same stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you make the room work as a play area by day and your studio by evening, so organised!

    ReplyDelete